Clinical Nurse Director – 2 North (Telemetry & Stroke Unit)
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Crozer-Chester Medical Center, located in the suburbs south of Philadelphia, is seeking a Clinical Nurse Director for 2 North – Telemetry and Stroke Unit, Full-time, Day Shift. This is a 25-bed unit with a total of 35.8 FTEs.
- To manage the human and material resources of a nursing department in order to provide quality patient care and an environment conducive to staff growth and satisfaction.
- Assumes responsibility on a 24-hour basis for the care delivered by a nursing department.
- Conducts patient rounds on a regular basis.
- Cooperates with the medical staff and other departments to effectively solve problems and optimize delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates competence in the functions and skills of the Staff Nurse in her/his Department.
- Maintains effective communication with all Medical Center personnel.
- Schedules personnel to provide coverage for the identified patient care needs.
- In cooperation with the Clinical Educator, identifies learning needs of the staff and develops programs to meet those needs.
- Monitors staff attendance at educational programs.
- Articulates and supports Medical Center and Departmental goals and philosophies to all personnel.
- Inspects equipment and environment on a regular basis for needed repairs and safety, and reports hazards for correction.
- Maintains a clean environment, in cooperation with environmental services personnel.
- Maintains an adequate level of needed supplies, in cooperation with materials management personnel.
- Provides an environment which is conducive to learning for students.
- Provides supervisory coverage, as needed, functioning in the role of Nursing Supervisor.
- Cooperates with other department directors to promote optimal utilization of personnel and resources.
- Pennsylvania RN License
- Supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
Why work at Crozer-Health?
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous benefits including paid vacation & holiday, health, dental, life insurance, prescription and tuition reimbursement
- Conveniently located in suburbs of Philadelphia with no city wage tax
- Consistent high employee satisfaction scores
- State-of-the-art facilities and latest technology
Crozer-Chester Medical Center, a member of Crozer Health, the largest employer in Delaware County, is a 300-bed tertiary-care teaching hospital located on a 68-acre campus. Today, the medical center admits more than 19,000 patients, treats approximately 53,000 Emergency Department patients and delivers about 1,700 babies a year.
Send resume or questions to Justin.Torres@crozer.org or apply online at https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/ckhs/#/job/23833
Equal Opportunity Employer