Chief Nursing Office (CNO) - Saint Vincent Hospital
Saint Vincent Hospital
Saint Vincent Hospital, located in Erie, Pennsylvania, is a 371-bed facility. Significant progress in preparing for Magnet® designation, with application submission in 2019, has been made. The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for all inpatient nursing services, maternal child health, peri-operative services, prehospital care, behavioral health, inpatient rehabilitation, and the Magnet preparation processes.
Saint Vincent Hospital has been the leading care provider in Erie, PA since 1875. Key clinical areas include the following:
- Women's Services – Women experience family-centered childbirth in spacious, comfortable birthing suites. Women can get compassionate, personal health care through all stages of their lives. A $9.5 million renovated women’s and infant’s center to be completed in 2018
- Proven track record: We recently achieved a number of high rankings from the firm Quantros and its independent CareChex® analysis, based on quality, safety and satisfaction. Quantros determined we are No. 1 in the Erie region in a number of areas.
- St. Vincent Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Erie^ for Medical Excellence in Major Neuro-Surgery, Orthopedic Care and Trauma Care
- A $115 million commitment from the Allegheny Health Network and additional support from the Saint Vincent Foundation have allowed us to pursue new projects. The construction ensures we can continue our legacy of excellent care and community service. Planned or finished projects include: Women + Infant Center, East Side Health and Wellness Pavilion, new cancer Center, new Women's Inst. (with breast surgeon, MFM, gyn-onc, etc.) and a new Women's Center for your imaging needs ( ABUS, MAMMO, sterotactic biopsy)
Reporting to the Chief Nurse Executive of Allegheny Health Network, the successful candidate will lead approximately 20 direct reports in delivering high quality care to patients. The incumbent will collaborate with the hospital and corporate leadership teams and the medical staff. This collaboration includes identifying, developing, and executing clinical care of current and future programs, and ensuring continued promotion of nursing practice commiserate with Magnet designation. The new CNO will serve as a member of the Chief Nurse Council of Allegheny Health Network and the Executive Nurse Leader team, collaborating with network level and hospital based nurse executives; creating, executing and refining network and hospital level strategies that address specific initiatives including: quality, safety and value of patient care; the patient experience; service excellence; recruitment and retention; evidence based education, training and competencies; and financial management. The CNO will skillfully participate in, and provide leadership to, network level AHN Nurse Executive Committees and Network Based Committees.
The new CNO at Saint Vincent Hospital will be a relationship focused, metric driven nursing leader to function at the executive level for the organization's patient care services departments and assist in the development of the organization's strategic plan.
- Leads direct reports in delivering high quality care to patients.
- Collaborates with the hospital leadership and medical staff to identify, develop and execute clinical care of current and future programs.
- Ensures continued compliance with and promotion of nursing practice commiserate with Magnet Designation as applicable to the facility.
- Develops, communicates and executes a strategy supporting a robust staffing plan and standards of patient care and services that meet patient care delivery needs of the organization.
- Serves as a member of the Chief Nurse Council of Allegheny Health Network.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Nursing Leadership Team of Allegheny Health Network.
- In collaboration with system level nurse executives, creates, executes and refines system and hospital level strategies that address specific initiatives including:
- Quality, safety and value of patient care
- Patient experience
- Service Excellence
- Recruitment and retention
- Evidence based education, training and competencies
- Financial management
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to nursing services and healthcare.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a DNP or other Doctoral Degree strongly preferred, a Master of Science in Nursing required
- Must enroll or be enrolled in a DNP program with expected completion within 2 years of hire or currently enrolled in a PhD program with expected completion within 4 years of hire
- Licensure or eligibility within three months of employment for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ progressive leadership experience required, preferably at the CNO level.
- Working knowledge of Magnet designation highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and application of nursing and patient care regulations; nursing practice, healthcare trends, technological changes, processes, and standards of care.
- National ANCC certification highly preferred with attainment required within one (1) of employment.
- Ability to navigate within a complex environment with multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to analyze, assess and articulate effective decisions; demonstrates support for and model teamwork as both leader and member.
- Demonstrated ability to engage others and drive organizational and cultural change.
- Highly visible leader with an approachable, personable, and optimistic demeanor.
KEY ATTRACTIONS OF THE POSITION
The opportunity to work with a progressive and dedicated network Chief Nurse Executive and hospital based CNOs committed to nursing professional growth and excellence.
The opportunity to participate in transformational nursing leadership at an organization committed to excel locally, regionally and nationally, including achieving Magnet designation.
The opportunity to participate in the growth of an organization committed to excellence and innovation across the full continuum of care.
The opportunity to join an organization delivering and expanding cutting edge patient care.
The opportunity to work with a nursing leadership team and nursing staff who are eager for professional growth, clinical advancement and the ability to excel in patient care.
The opportunity for competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and relocation allowance.
All interested applicants can send their CV to Katie Poeschel.